MHSAA L.P. Regional Cross Country Meets at Portage
Division 1 #3, Division 2 #12, Division 3 #21, Division 4 #32
Saturday, October 25, 2014
@ Portage West Middle School
Portage, MI 49024
9:00 Coaches meeting – Division 4
10:00 D4 Boys (report 9:50)
10:35 D4 Girls (report 10:25)
11:15 D4 Awards – Outside near the tens courts or in the theatre/cafeteria if poor weather
10:10 Coaches Meeting – Division 3
11:10 D3 Boys (report 11:00)
11:45 D3 Girls (report 11:35)
12:25 D3 Awards – Outside near tennis courts or in the theater/cafeteria if poor weather.
11:20 Coaches meeting – Division 2 (Edwardsburg will race in the Div 2 race)
12:20 D2 Boys (report 12:10)
12:55 D2 Girls (report 12:45)
1:35 D2 Awards
12:30 Coaches meeting – Division 2
1:30 D1 Boys (report 1:20)
2:05 D1 Girls (report 1:55)
2:45 Awards for Division 1 – Outside near tennis courts or in the theater/cafeteria if poor weather.
Timing & Scoring
– Timing and scoring will be done by Great Lakes ChampionChip & Mac’s Sports Timing.
– Bib numbers must be worn in a visible location on the front of the singlet. Do not alter the bib, (such as folding or wrinkling, etc).
– Each runner will have one D-tag, which should be worn on the shoe of the runner’s choice.
– Results can be found at www.macssportstiming.com
Course Description & Preview
– The course is a repeat loop, which is relatively flat on the southern portion, with some rolling terrain on the northern portion.
– Medals to top 15 individuals in each race.
– Trophy to first place women’s team and men’s team in each race.
– 7 team medals for the women’s championship team and men’s championship team in each race.
– Top 3 teams in each race advance to the MHSAA State Finals at MIS
– If a team finishes 4th and has 4 runners in the top 20 finishers, your team will qualify for the State Finals, provided there are a minimum of 8 teams finishing.
– All medalist finishers who are not members of a qualifying team will qualify to the State Finals at MIS, regardless if there are three or four qualifying teams.
– Coaches – If your team has qualified or you have any individuals going on to the state finals, please make sure that you pick up the info at the regional meet. Information will not be mailed.
Parking and Admittance for Spectators
– As required by the MHSAA we will charge a fee of $5.00 per person. Please inform all parents, administrators and non-participating athletes that this fee will be enforced. Please use the provided parking areas near the school. The police will be issuing tickets or towing vehicles parked along Romence Road and Moorsbridge.
Parking and Admittance for Teams
– Buses and team vans will park in the lot in front of Moorsbridge Elementary School. You will be directed by parking personal in orange vests. There will be no charge for team parking.
– Bathrooms will be available in West Middle School.
– We will not have locker rooms available for changing.
T-shirts & Concessions & Programs
– Official MHSAA Regional Cross Country apparel will be for sale (t-shirts, long-sleeved shirts, hooded sweatshirts and sweatpants).
– Food and beverages will be available at the concessions canopy.
– There will be a free MHSAA Regional souvenir programs with all teams and student- athletes. Please forward rosters to email@example.com
Medical/Trainer: A medical trainer will be on site – please look for the red medical canopy at the finish line.